INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
1. As a natural development from its predecessor VNU Journal of Science: Foreign Studies, VNU Journal
of Foreign Studies continues to be an official, independent peer-reviewed publication of the University
of Languages and International Studies (ULIS) under Vietnam National University (VNU). VNU Journal
of Foreign Studies publishes bimonthly (3 Vietnamese and 3 English editions p.a. from 2018 onward)
with research articles in linguistics, language/foreign language teaching, international studies, and related
social sciences and humanities. Only papers which have not been previously or elsewhere published can
2. It is advisable that submitted articles cite AT LEAST one published article from this VNU Journal of
3. Manuscripts should be typed in Vietnamese or English (at least 10 pages, i.e. approx. 4,000 words for
research article and 5 pages, i.e. approx. 2,000 words for discussion article), using A4 size, left margin
2.5cm, right margin 2.5cm, top margin 3.6cm, bottom margin 4.3cm, Times New Roman font at 11 with
4. All manuscripts must contain abstract (200 words maximum) and at most five (5) keywords in both
Vietnamese and English. Article title should be bold and capitalized.
5. Manuscripts should be prepared according to the following order: Article title, Author(s), Workplace(s),
Abstract, Keywords, Main text, Acknowledgements (if any), References, Appendix (if any). The
corresponding author should be marked, with his/her postal address, e-mail, telephone provided on the first
page of the manuscript.
6. References should be clarified in the main text. References are provided in their original (published)
language, with each language arranged in a separate section in alphabetical order, with Vietnamese given
first and foremost, e.g. Vietnamese, Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian
and Thai. References conform to APA standards, namely:
Nguyễn Thiện Giáp (2008). Giáo trình Ngôn ngữ học. Hà Nội: Nxb Đại học Quốc gia Hà Nội.
Saussure, Ferdinand de (1959). Course in General Linguistics. Edited by Charles Bally and Albert Sechehaye
in collaboration with Albert Reidlinger, translated by Wade Baskin. New York: Philosophical Library.
+ Journal articles or conference papers:
Trần Thị Cúc, Đỗ Thị Thanh Hà (2015). Patterns of Code-Mixing of English in Hoa Hoc Tro Magazine in
Vietnam. VNU Journal of Science: Foreign Studies, 31(4), 11-24.
Lâm Quang Đông (2015). Quá trình tư duy ở người lớn học ngoại ngữ: một trường hợp điển cứu. Kỷ yếu
Hội thảo quốc tế Đổi mới việc dạy-học & nghiên cứu Hàn Quốc học tại Việt Nam. Hà Nội, ngày 10 tháng
4 năm 2015, tr. 172-191.
+ Online materials:
Baker, Mark C. (1989). Object Sharing and Projection in Serial Verb Constructions, Linguistic Inquiry, 20
(4) (Autumn, 1989), pp. 513-553, Cambridge: The MIT Press. Available through <http://www.jstor.org/
stable/ 4178644>, Accessed 14/03/2012 06:49
An Ngọc (2013). Nghề biên-phiên dịch thiếu chuẩn mực nghề nghiệp, Truy cập lúc 10:30 ngày 29/11/2015
7. Manuscripts should be sent to the editorial board at the email address below and will not be returned to
the author(s) in case of rejection.
The author(s) must bear any legal responsibility for the article and references.
VNU Journal of Foreign Studies, 3rd Floor, Building A1,
VNU University of Languages and International Studies,
Pham Van Dong Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi, Vietnam
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Tel.: (84-4) 62532956