INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
- As a natural development from its predecessor VNU Journal of Science: Foreign Studies, VNU Journal of Foreign Studies continues to be an official, independent peer-reviewed publication of the University of Languages and International Studies (ULIS) under Vietnam National University (VNU). VNU Journal of Foreign Studies publishes bimonthly in 4 Vietnamese editions and 2 English editions (with plans to increase its English editions in the coming years) p.a. with research articles in linguistics, language/foreign language teaching, international studies, and related social sciences and humanities. Only papers which have not been previously or elsewhere published can be accepted.
- Manuscripts should be typed in Vietnamese or English (at least 10 pages for research article and 5 pages for discussion article), using A4 size, left margin 2.5cm, right margin 2.5cm, top margin 3.6cm, bottom margin 4.3cm, Times New Roman font at 11 with Single spacing.
- All manuscripts must contain abstract (200 words maximum) and at most five (5) keywords in both Vietnamese and English. Article title should be bold and capitalized.
- Manuscripts should be prepared according to the following order: Article title, Author(s), Workplace(s), Abstract, Keywords, Main text, Acknowledgements (if any), References, Appendix (if any). The corresponding author should be marked, with his/her postal address, e-mail, telephone provided on the first page of the manuscript.
- References should be clarified in the main text. References are provided in their original (published) language, with each language arranged in a separate section in alphabetical order, with Vietnamese given first and foremost, e.g. Vietnamese, Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese, Korean, Russian and Thai. References conform to APA standards, namely:
Nguyễn Thiện Giáp (2008). Giáo trình Ngôn ngữ học. Hà Nội: Nxb Đại học Quốc gia Hà Nội.
Saussure, Ferdinand de (1959). Course in General Linguistics. Edited by Charles Bally and Albert Sechehaye in collaboration with Albert Reidlinger, translated by Wade Baskin. New York: Philosophical Library.
+ Journal articles or conference papers:
Trần Thị Cúc, Đỗ Thị Thanh Hà (2015). Patterns of Code-Mixing of English in Hoa Hoc Tro Magazine in Vietnam. VNU Journal of Science: Foreign Studies, Vol. 31, No. 4, 11-24.
Lâm Quang Đông (2015). Quá trình tư duy ở người lớn học ngoại ngữ: một trường hợp điển cứu. Kỷ yếu Hội thảo quốc tế Đổi mới việc dạy-học & nghiên cứu Hàn Quốc học tại Việt Nam. Hà Nội, ngày 10 tháng 4 năm 2015, tr. 172-191.
+ Online materials:
Baker, Mark C. (1989) ‘Object Sharing and Projection in Serial Verb Constructions’, Linguistic Inquiry, Vol. 20, No.4 (Autumn, 1989), pp. 513-553, Cambridge: The MIT Press. Available through <http://www.jstor.org/stable/ 4178644>, Accessed 14/03/2012 06:49
An Ngọc (2013). Nghề biên-phiên dịch thiếu chuẩn mực nghề nghiệp, Truy cập lúc 10:30 ngày 29/11/2015 tại http://www.vietnamplus.vn/nghe-bienphien-dich-thieu-chuan-muc-nghe-nghiep/234990.vnp.
- Manuscripts should be sent to the editorial board at the email address below and will not be returned to the author(s) in case of rejection.
The author(s) must bear any legal responsibility for the article and references.
VNU Journal of Foreign Studies, 3rd Floor, Building A1,
VNU University of Languages and International Studies,
#2 Pham Van Dong Street, Cau Giay District, Hanoi, Vietnam
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Tel.: (84-4) 62532956