Main Article Content
This paper assesses the comprehensive macroeconomic picture of the world and Vietnam in 2017 and forecasts the outlook for 2018, and then making some policy implications for Vietnam. The world economy in 2017 is considered to be the most prosperous since 2011, thanks to the steady growth of key economies, bounced global trade, and favorable global financial conditions. However, as slow and uncertain global investment growth as well as many unpredictable factors in US government policy and Brexit, and political risks from tensions of the Korean Peninsula, 2018 will continue to witness unpredictable developments in the global economy. Faced with that situation, together with internal difficulties in the country, Vietnam should have flexible solutions, high determination and act in a drastic way in order to achieve the objectives on the economic growth and inflation as outlined. In addition, Vietnam should continue to promote the trade facilitation activities, the improvement of the business investment environment, take advantage of new opportunities to attract foreign investment capital for infrastructure construction, keep on innovating, and enhance the competitiveness to bring our economy to the path of rapid and sustainable development.
2. IMF [International Monetary Fund] (2017b). World Economic Outlook update, July 2017: A firming recovery.
3. IMF (2017c). World Economic Outlook. October 2017. Seeking Sustainable Growth: Short-term Recovery, Long-term Challenges.
4. OECD [Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development ] (2017). Global Economic Outlook, Jun 2017. http://www.oecd.org/eco/economicoutlook.htm, truy cập ngày 19/09/2017
5. NIESR [National Institute Economic and Social Research] (2017). Global Economic Forecast. National Institute Economic Review no. 241 August 2017.
6. UNCTAD (2017). World Investment Report 2017: Investment and the Digital Economy. United Nations Publication, Genveva: United Nation.
7. Tổng cục Hải quan (2017), Tình hình xuất khẩu, nhập khẩu hàng hoá của Việt Nam tháng 8 và 8 tháng đầu năm 2017.
8. UN (2017). World Economic Situation and Prospects 2018. https://www.un.org/development/desa/dpad/wp-content/uploads/sites/45/publication/WESP2018_Full_Web-1.pdf.
9. WTO (2017a). Monthy world trade data. Retrieved from: https://http://www.wto.org/english/res_e/statis_e/short_term_stats_e.htm
10. WTO (2017b). Report to the TPRB from the Director-General on Trade-Related Developments Geneva World Trade Organization
11. WTO (2017c). World Trade Outlook Indicator. Geneva The World Trade Organization