Main Article Content
The fourth industrial revolution will strongly impact production, shifting the world economy to “smart” knowledge economy. Scientific and technological advances are applied to optimize production process, distribution, exchange, consumption, management, and administration. It is a real challenge for developing countries of which Vietnam is not an exception. This paper seeks to describe the current situation of the usage of information technology (IT) of Vietnamese enterprises from 2001 to 2011 as IT and information and communication technology (ICT) are core factors under the 4th IR. From this analysis, a policy discussion is withdrawn.
2. Bloem, J., Van Doorn, M., Duivestein, S., Excoffier, D., Maas, R. and Van Ommeren, E., 2014. “The Fourth Industrial Revolution”. Sogeti VINT.
3. ZENG, C.H. and LIN, D.M., 2004. “IT Applications and Changes of Firms' Boundaries” [J]. China Industrial Economy, 10, p.009.
4. Wang, E., Klein, G. and Jiang, J.J., 2007. “IT support in manufacturing firms for a knowledge management dynamic capability link to performance”. International journal of production research, 45(11), pp.2419-2434.
5. Ministry of industry and trade of Vietnam, 2014. “Vietnam E-commerce report”
6. Mathews Zanda Nkhoma, Narumon Sriratanaviriyakul, Hiep Pham, Vo Thi Trung Trinh, Huan Khoa Le, Hung Xuan Vo, 2014, T. Grandon Gill, Editor, Informing Science Press, “Information Technology in Vietnam (and Southeast Asia): Discussion Cases”, ISBN: 978-1-932886-85-6