Main Article Content
Zinc aluminum hydrotalcite containing 2-benzothiazolythio-succinic acid (HT-BTSA) and modified by 2-aminoethyl-3-aminopropyltrimethoxysilane (APS) at different concentrations (3%, 5% and 10%). APS modified HT-BTSA (HT-BTSA-S) was incorporated in epoxy coatings at 3% concentration. The corrosion protective performance of the epoxy coatings containing HT-BTSA-S were evaluated by electrochemical impedance spectroscopy, adhesion measurement. The results showed that the presence of HT-BTSA-S improved protection performance of epoxy coating and the best protection was obtained with HT-BTSA modified with 5 % APS.
2. Zheludkevich M.L., Poznyak S.K., Rodrigues L.M., Raps D., Hack T., Dick L.F., Nunes T., Ferreira M.G.S. Active protection coatings with layered double hydroxide nanocontainers of corrosion inhibitor. Corrosion Science 52 (2010) 602–611.
3. Xiang Yu, Jun Wang, Milin Zhang, Lihui Yang, Junqing Li, Piaoping Yang, Dianxue Cao. Synthesis, characterization and anticorrosion performance of molybdate pillared hydrotalcite/in situ created ZnO composite as pigment for Mg–Li alloy protection. Surface and Coatings Technology 203 (2008) 250–255.
4. Kendig M., Hon M. A hydrotalcite-like pigment containing an organic anion corrosion inhibitor. Electrochemical and Solid- State Letters 8 (2005) B10–B11.
5. Poznyak S.K., Tedim J., Rodrigues L.M., Salak A.N., Zheludkevich M.L., Dick L.F.P., Ferreira M.G.S. Novel Inorganic Host Layered Double Hydroxides Intercalated with Guest Organic Inhibitors for Anticorrosion Applications. ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces 1 (2009) 2353–2362.
6. Troutier-Thuilliez, AL, Taviot-Guého, C, Cellier, J, Hintze-Bruening, H, Leroux, F,. Layered particle-based polymer composites for coatings: Part I. Evaluation of layered double hydroxides. Prog. Org. Coat. 64 182–192 (2009)
7. Hintze-Bruening, H, Troutier-Thuilliez, AL, Leroux, F,. Layered particle-based polymer composites for coatings: Part II—Stone chip resistant automotive coatings. Prog. Org. Coat., 64 193–204 (2009)
8. Lv, S, Zhou, W, Miao, H, Shi, W,. Preparation and properties of polymer/LDH nanocomposite used for UV curing coatings. Prog. Org. Coat., 65 450–456 (2009)
9. Tao, Q, Yuan, J, Frost, RL, He, H, Yuan, P, Zhu, J,. Effect of surfactant concentration on the stacking modes of organo-silylated layered double hydroxides. Applied Clay Science 45 262–269 (2009)
10. Tao, Q, He, H, Frost, RL, Yuan, P, Zhu, J,. Nanomaterials based upon silylated layered double hydroxides. Applied Surface Science 255 4334–4340 (2009)
11. Hang T. T. X., Truc T. A., Duong N. T., Pébère N., Olivier M. G. Layered double hydroxides as containers of inhibitors in organic coatings for corrosion protection of carbon steel. Prog. Org. Coat. 74 (2012) 343-348.
12. Hang T. T. X., Truc T. A., Duong N. T., Vu P. G., Hoang T. Preparation and characterization of nanocontainers of corrosion inhibitor based on layered double hydroxides. Appl. Clay Sci. 67 (2012) 18-25.
13. Z. Guo, S. Wei, B. Shedd, R. Scaffaro, T. Pereira and H.T. Hahn. J. Mater. Chem. 17 (2007) 806–813.
14. Kittel J., Celati N., Keddam M., Takenouti H. Influence of the coating–substrate interactions on the corrosion protection: characterisation by impedance spectroscopy of the inner and outer parts of a coating. Prog. Org. Coat., 46 (2003) 135-147.
15. Bierwagen G. P., Tallman D., Li J., He L., Jeffcoate C. EIS studies of coated metals in accelerated exposure. Prog. Org. Coat. 46 (2003) 148-158.