Main Article Content
In this study, we have prepared and investigated the optical properties of the TiO2/CdS:Mn2+/CdSe photoanode as the function of Mn2+ doping concentration and thickness. The results show that the peaks of the UV-Vis spectra shifted toward longer wavelength while Mn2+ doping concentrations or thickness of the films were changed. The main cause of the red-shifting in UV-Vis spectra may come from the increasing of photoanode light-harvesting capacity. In addition, the results also demonstrated by the boosting performance of quantum dots sensitized solar cells from 2.07% for TiO2/CdS/CdSe photoanode to 2.5% for TiO2/CdS:Mn2+/CdSe photoanode.
2. González-Pedro, Victoria, Xueqing Xu, Iván Mora-Sero, and Juan Bisquert. "Modeling high-efficiency quantum dot sensitized solar cells." ACS nano 4, no. 10 (2010): 5783-5790.
Tian, Jianjun, and Guozhong Cao. "Control of nanostructures and interfaces of metal oxide semiconductors for quantum-dots-sensitized solar cells." The journal of physical chemistry letters 6, no. 10 (2015): 1859-1869.
3. Beard, Matthew C., Aaron G. Midgett, Mark C. Hanna, Joseph M. Luther, Barbara K. Hughes, and Arthur J. Nozik. "Comparing multiple exciton generation in quantum dots to impact ionization in bulk semiconductors: implications for enhancement of solar energy conversion." Nano letters 10, no. 8 (2010): 3019-3027.
4. Lopez-Luke, Tzarara, Abraham Wolcott, Li-ping Xu, Shaowei Chen, Zhenhai Wen, Jinghong Li, Elder De La Rosa, and Jin Z. Zhang. "Nitrogen-doped and CdSe quantum-dot-sensitized nanocrystalline TiO2 films for solar energy conversion applications." The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 112, no. 4 (2008): 1282-1292.
5. Mora-Seró, Iván, Sixto Giménez, Thomas Moehl, Francisco Fabregat-Santiago, Teresa Lana-Villareal, Roberto Gómez, and Juan Bisquert. "Factors determining the photovoltaic performance of a CdSe quantum dot sensitized solar cell: the role of the linker molecule and of the counter electrode." Nanotechnology 19, no. 42 (2008): 424007.
6. Shen, Qing, Junya Kobayashi, Lina J. Diguna, and Taro Toyoda. "Effect of ZnS coating on the photovoltaic properties of CdSe quantum dot-sensitized solar cells." Journal of Applied Physics 103, no. 8 (2008): 084304.
7. Lee, Jin-Wook, Dae-Yong Son, Tae Kyu Ahn, Hee-Won Shin, In Young Kim, Seong-Ju Hwang, Min Jae Ko, Soohwan Sul, Hyouksoo Han, and Nam-Gyu Park. "Quantum-dot-sensitized solar cell with unprecedentedly high photocurrent." Scientific reports 3 (2013): 1050.
8. Santra, Pralay K., and Prashant V. Kamat. "Mn-doped quantum dot sensitized solar cells: a strategy to boost efficiency over 5%." Journal of the American Chemical Society134, no. 5 (2012): 2508-2511.
9. Zhu, Guang, Likun Pan, Tao Xu, and Zhuo Sun. "CdS/CdSe-cosensitized TiO2 photoanode for quantum-dot-sensitized solar cells by a microwave-assisted chemical bath deposition method." ACS applied materials & interfaces 3, no. 8 (2011): 3146-3151.
10. Lee, Yong Hui, Sang Hyuk Im, Jeong Ah Chang, Jong-Heun Lee, and Sang Il Seok. "CdSe-sensitized inorganic–organic heterojunction solar cells: the effect of molecular dipole interface modification and surface passivation." Organic Electronics 13, no. 6 (2012): 975-979.
11. Hossain, Md Anower, James Robert Jennings, Chao Shen, Jia Hong Pan, Zhen Yu Koh, Nripan Mathews, and Qing Wang. "CdSe-sensitized mesoscopic TiO 2 solar cells exhibiting> 5% efficiency: redundancy of CdS buffer layer." Journal of Materials Chemistry 22, no. 32 (2012): 16235-16242.
12. Wang, Jin, Iván Mora-Seró, Zhenxiao Pan, Ke Zhao, Hua Zhang, Yaoyu Feng, Guang Yang, Xinhua Zhong, and Juan Bisquert. "Core/shell colloidal quantum dot exciplex states for the development of highly efficient quantum-dot-sensitized solar cells." Journal of the American Chemical Society 135, no. 42 (2013): 15913-15922.
13. Radich, James G., Nevin R. Peeples, Pralay K. Santra, and Prashant V. Kamat. "Charge transfer mediation through Cu x S. The hole story of CdSe in polysulfide." The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 118, no. 30 (2014): 16463-16471.
14. Wang, Jin, Iván Mora-Seró, Zhenxiao Pan, Ke Zhao, Hua Zhang, Yaoyu Feng, Guang Yang, Xinhua Zhong, and Juan Bisquert. "Core/shell colloidal quantum dot exciplex states for the development of highly efficient quantum-dot-sensitized solar cells." Journal of the American Chemical Society 135, no. 42 (2013): 15913-15922.
15. Yan, Keyou, Lixia Zhang, Jianhang Qiu, Yongcai Qiu, Zonglong Zhu, Jiannong Wang, and Shihe Yang. "A quasi-quantum well sensitized solar cell with accelerated charge separation and collection." Journal of the American Chemical Society 135, no. 25 (2013): 9531-9539.
16. Q. Dai, E. M. Sabio, W. Wang and J. Tang, Appl. Phys. Lett.,2014, 104. 183901. 32. T. Debnath, P. Maity, S. Maiti and H. N. Ghosh, J. Phys. Chem.Lett., 2014, 5, 2836-2842.
17. Lee, Yuh‐Lang, and Yi‐Siou Lo. "Highly efficient quantum‐dot‐sensitized solar cell based on co‐sensitization of CdS/CdSe." Advanced Functional Materials 19, no. 4 (2009): 604-609.
18. Xie, Yu-Long. "Enhanced photovoltaic performance of hybrid solar cell using highly oriented CdS/CdSe-modified TiO2 nanorods." Electrochimica Acta 105 (2013): 137-141.
19. Xing, Chanjuan, Yaojun Zhang, Wei Yan, and Liejin Guo. "Band structure-controlled solid solution of Cd1-x ZnxS photocatalyst for hydrogen production by water splitting." International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 31, no. 14 (2006): 2018-2024.
20. Askari, Mina, Nayereh Soltani, Elias Saion, W. Mahmood Mat Yunus, H. Maryam Erfani, and Mahdi Dorostkar. "Structural and optical properties of PVP-capped nanocrystalline ZnxCd1−xS solid solutions." Superlattices and Microstructures 81 (2015): 193-201.
21. Hassanien, A. S., and Alaa A. Akl. "Effect of Se addition on optical and electrical properties of chalcogenide CdSSe thin films." Superlattices and Microstructures 89 (2016): 153-169.
22. Srivastava, Bhupendra B., Santanu Jana, and Narayan Pradhan. "Doping Cu in semiconductor nanocrystals: some old and some new physical insights." Journal of the American Chemical Society 133, no. 4 (2010): 1007-1015.