Main Article Content
Abstract: In this article, we provide a simple method for the growth of bulk single crystalline. By the control temperature along a vertical furnace, we can easily fabricate bulk single crystals. This technique is called the temperature gradient method. To create a temperature gradient along the body of the furnace, the density of resistance wire which is coiled along the body of furnace is different. The density increases from the bottom to the top of the furnace. So that, at any time of the growing process, the temperature at the bottom of furnace is the smallest. During could down process, single crystal in the ampoule has been grown up from a seed at the bottom. Using this method, we successfully grew layer structure single crystals such as SnSe, SnSe2, SnS, GaTe, InSe2, GaSe. X-ray diffraction and FE-SEM measurements indicated the high quality of single crystals. By changing cooling speed, we can control the number of defects in the single crystals.
Keywords: Temperature gradient method, single crystal growth, layer structure materials.
2. C. L. Jones, P. Capper, J. J. Gosney, G. Ard, and I. Kenworthy, J. Cryst. Growth 64 403 (1983).
3. F.R. Szofran and S. L. Lehoczky, J. Cryst. Growth 70 349 (1984).
4. D. M. L. Bartholomew, A. Hellawell, Journal of Cryst. Growth 50 453 (1980).
5. W. A. Tiller, K. A. Jacks, J. W. Rutter, and B. Chalmers, Acta. Met. 1 428 (1953).
6. F. E. Pretzel, G. N. Rupert, C. L. Mader, E. K. Siorms, G. V. Gritton, and C. C. Rushing, J. Phys. Chem. Solids 16 10 (1960).
7. D. F. Bliss "50 Years of Progress in Crystal Growth: A Reprint Collection", Ed. R. Feigelson, Elsevier, ISBN 0080489931, Chap. “Evolution and Application of the Kyropoulos Crystal Growth Method" (2005).
8. E. Nicklaus and F. Fischer, J. Cryst. Growth 12 337 (1972).
9. G. Jacob, J.Cryst. Growth 58 455 (1982).
10. J. Czochralski, Z. Phys. Chem., 92 219 (1918).
11. P. E. Tomaszewski, J. Cryst. Growth 236 1 (2002).
12. N. Tatau, “Handbook of Crystal Growth: Fundamentals” Second ed, Amsterdam, the Netherlands: Elsevier B.V., ISBN 978-0-444-56369-9 p21 (2015).
13. W. Precht and G. E. Hollox, J. Crystal Growth 3 818 (1968).
14. J. D. Verhoeven, E. D. Gibson, M. A. Noack, and R. J. Conzemius, J. Crystal Growth 36 115 (1976).
15. R. C.Pastor, A. C. Pastor, Mater. Research Bulletin 1 275 (1966).