Main Article Content
Abstract: This study focus on using surface response method to optimize the taurine analysis by capillary electrophoresis with contactless conductivity detector. A response surface method (RSM) coupled with a central composite model (CCD) comprising 30 experiments was developed with 4 factors including concentration of Tris buffer, pH value, separating potential and sample injection time. The best set of factor levels for taurine analysis was found as follows: 150 mmol/L of Tris concentration, pH = 8.96, separation voltage of -10 kV, the sample injection time of 60 seconds. The validation of analytical method showed the detection limit for taurine was 0.266mg/L, linearity range from 1 to 500 mg/L, relative standard deviation values for peak areas and migration times were less than 3.16%, the linear correlation coefficient gained 0.999. Recovery efficiency of taurine in several food supplement matrixes such as: fresh milk, milk powder, energy drink were in range from 91.9% to 101.7%.
2. Huxtable, RJ, Physiological actions of taurine, Physiol Rev. 72 (1), (1992) 101–63.
3. Urquhart, N; Perry, TL; Hansen, S; Kennedy, J, Passage of taurine into adult mammalian brain, Journal of Neurochemistry. 22 (5), (1974) 871–2.
4. Leon R, Wu H, Jin Y, Wei J, Buddhala C, Prentice H, Wu JY, Protective function of taurine in glutamate-induced apoptosis in cultured neurons, Journal of Neuroscience Research. 87 (5), (2008) 1185–1194.
5. Yanagita, T; Han, SY; Hu, Y; Nagao, K; Kitajima, H; Murakami, S, Taurine reduces the secretion of apolipoprotein B100 and lipids in HepG2 cells, Lipids in Health and Disease7, (2008) 38.
6. Zilin Chen, Gang Xu, Karl Specht, Rongjian Yang, Shiwang She, Determination of taurine in Wiogical samples by reversed-phase liquid chromatography with precolumn derivatization with dinitrofluorobenzene, Analytica Chimica Acta 296, (1993) 249-253.
7. Zhi Chen, Bo Chen, Shouzhuo Yao, High-performance liquid chromatography electrospray ionization-mass spectrometry for simultaneous determination of taurine and 10 water-soluble vitamins in multivitamin tablets, Analytica Chimica Acta 569, (2006) 169-175.
8. Feng Qu, Zhu-hua Qi, Ke-na Liu, Shi-fen Mou, Ion chromatographic determination of taurine in medicine, nutrient capsule and human urine with electrochemical detection, Journal of Chromatography 730, (1999) 161-166.
9. Mary T.Kelly, Huguette Fabre, David Perrett, Determination of taurine in plasma by capillary zone electrophoresis following derivatization with florescamine, Electrophoresis 21, (2000), 699-705.
10. In KyungBae, Hyeoni Ham, Min HeeJeong, Dong HoKim, Ho JinKim, Simultaneous determination of 15 phenolic compounds and caffeine in teas and mate using RP-HPLC/UV detection: Method development and optimization of extraction process,Food Chemistry 172, (2015) 469-475.
11. Sandile M.Khamanga, Roderick B, The use of experimental design in the development of an HPLC–ECD method for the analysis of captopril, Talanta 83, (2011) 1037-1049.