The Education Assessment Capacity Structure of Primary Teachers in Vietnam
Main Article Content
Education assessment capacity is considered to be indispensable for teachers at all levels. However, there are currently many difficulties in assessing this capacity, especially for primary teachers when there is a change in assessing students. In this report, we would like to suggest a education capacity assessment structure for primary teachers and to demonstrate such structure through a survey of primary teachers' assessment capacity in Vietnam. Survey results show that the education assessment capacity structure consists of 6 component competencies which suitable for primary teachers in Vietnam. And, the report also points out that Vietnamese primary teachers' education assessment capacity in Vietnam is currently evaluated at a fairly good level.
2. Dinh Quang Bao (2017), Fostering teachers to meet professional standards in the context of general education renovation, The summary record of a scientific conference: Rationale and practice of the professional capacity of teachers and educational administrators in the Northwest, Page 75-84.
3. Ministry of Education and Training (2007), Professional standards for primary teachers, issued together with Decision No. 14/2007/QD-BGD dated 04 May 2007.
4. Ministry of Education and Training (2010), Charter of primary schools, issued together with Circular No. 41/2010/TT-BGDDT dated 30 December 2010.
5. Ministry of Education and Training (2016), Amending and supplementing some articles of the Regulations on the assessment of primary students, issued with Circular No. 22/2016/TT-BGDDT, dated 22 September 2016.
6. Canada Education Assosciation Joint Advisory Committee (1993), Principles for Fair Student Assessment Practices for Education in Canada, Edmonton, Alberta: Emonton.
7. Nguyen Duc Chinh (2017), How do principals do to successfully lead teachers to develop student competencies, The summary record of a scientific conference: Rationale and practice of the professional capacity of teachers and educational administrators in the Northwest, Page 20-28.
8. Nguyen Huu Chau (2008), Educational quality- Theoretical and practical issues, Vietnam Education Publishing House Limited Company.
9. Bui Van Hue (1997), Primary psychology textbook, Vietnam Education Publishing House Limited Company, 1997, Page 33-91.
10. Tran Thi Huong, Cao Xuan Hung (2017), Student assessment capacity building activities for primary teachers in District 3, Ho Chi Minh City, Ho Chi Minh City University of Education, Journal of Science , Volume 14, No. 10 (2017), Page 63-71.
11. Nguyen Cong Khanh (2015), Student assessment based on the capacity-based approach. The summary record of an international conference: “Psychology and Pedagogy in the development of human beings in Vietnam”. University of Education Publishing House, Page 688-695.
12. Nguyen Cong Khanh, Nguyen Vu Bich Hien (2013), Proposing the education assessment capacity framework for high school teachers, The summary record of READ conference, Hanoi.
13. Nguyen Thi My Loc (2003), 21st century teachers: Being creative and effective, Journal of Teaching and Learning Today (7), Hanoi.
14. Duong Thu Mai (2012), Studying and suggesting of a common capacity framework for the education assessment, The summary record of READ conference, Hanoi.
15. Duong Thu Mai (2016), Forms of assessing modern education and methods of assessing the learning capacity of high school students in Vietnam, VNU Journal of Science: Educational research, Volume 32, No. 1 (2016) Page 51-61.
16. Pham Duc Quang (2012), Some core components in the general education programs are built based on the competency building orientations, The summary record of a conference: The general core competency system of students for general education programs in Vietnam, Hanoi, Page 36- 49.
17. Pham Hong Quang (2013), Development of teacher training programs, theoretical and practical issues, Thai Nguyen Publishing House.
18. Nguyen Kim Son, Le Ngoc Hung, Nguyen Quy Thanh, Ta Thi Thu Hien, Pham Van Thuan, Duong Thi Hoang Yen (2018), Education Renovation in Vietnam: From the perspective of teachers, The summary record of an international conference: New trends in education, Page 42-57.
19. Stronge, J. H. (2004), Qualities Of Effective Teacher, Le Van Canh translate, Vietnam Education Publishing House.
20. Hoang Thi Tuyet (2004), Training of the education assessment capacity: A practical perspective, The summary record of a conference: The role of inspection and assessment activities in the renovation of education in Vietnam, Page 96-103.